The Benefits of a Skin Care Routine: A How-To Guide
The Basic Science Of Your Skin
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. As your protective layer, it’s subject to all kinds of harsh elements. By creating a daily routine that prevents damage, you’ll keep your skin resilient, healthy, and looking young. Here’s a simple skin care routine that can be used with the Jeunesse Luminesce range of products.
The part of your skin that you see in the mirror is called the stratum corneum (SC). This outermost layer functions as a barrier, hydrates the skin, and protects the body.
Threats to Skin Health:
There are many factors that can contribute to damage to the SC, including:
- Free radicals – These unpaired electrons wreak havoc on skin tissue; they attack membranes in skin which causes tissue to break down and increase signs of ageing.
- UV rays – Ultraviolet (UV) rays are a form of radiation found in sunlight, tanning beds and lamps. They cause long-term damage to the DNA of skin cells. Long-term UV ray damage can be seen in the form of wrinkles, age spots and loss of elasticity.
- Chemicals – One of the major causes of dry skin is the use of skin products that use harsh chemicals to strip the SC of protectant oils. These oils help to prevent early ageing signs and keep skin looking and feeling smooth.
- Dehydration – The lack of surface water can cause dead skin cell build-up, making the skin flaky.
- Oil Build-Up – Without proper cleansing, dirt and oil can build up in pores. Over time, this can cause pores to enlarge.
What You Can Do Every Day
A simple but thorough daily skincare regime will help to prevent and reverse environmental damage to the skin.
- Wash Daily – While you sleep, your skin is producing oils which can congest your skin and cause debris to nestle in your pores. A thorough cleansing in the morning with a well-formulated, gentle cleanser such as the Jeunesse Luminesce Cleanser will help keep your pores from enlarging.
- Treat Daily – To fight and repair the damage of free radicals to the skin tissue, use serum containing antioxidants. They help to strengthen membranes. Jeunesse’s revolutionary Luminesce Serum is the best on the market.
- Moisturise and Sunscreen Daily – A good moisturiser will help to seal in the surface water your skin needs to protect itself from pollutants and environmental damage. Products containing a mix of humectants and emollients (such as plant and fruit extracts) and sunblock will help plump the skin, lock in moisture, and protect it from UV rays. Jeunesse Daily Moisturiser does just this.
- Exfoliate Weekly – Exfoliants slough off dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause flaky, dry skin. Too much exfoliation can be rough on delicate skin tissue, so keep it to twice a week. You can find exfoliants in masques like the Jeunesse Lifting Masque.
- Remove make-up – Leaving cosmetics on your skin can cause pores to enlarge and blemishes to appear. Always remove makeup before cleansing to avoid leaving residue, and use a separate formula for your eyes.
- Use a cleanser – Use the same cleanser as you used in the morning. Ensure that there’s no makeup residue left before you wash your face.
- Tone – Again, using the same serum that you used in the morning.
- Moisturise with Night Cream – Specially formulated moisturiser for night time is designed to repair and plump the skin when the most renewal occurs. A good night cream such as Jeunesse Night Repair will have Vitamin C for collagen renewal and anti-oxidants to repair damage from free radicals.
Where To Find The Best Skin Care Products
One of the world’s biggest sellers of anti-ageing and skincare products, Jeunesse Global offers its revolutionary Luminesce range. Using cutting-edge research in adult stem cell technology, Jeunesse can provide you with everything you’ll need to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
All Jeunesse retail orders come with a 30 day money back guarantee!